See the outputof notification sent to agent, the original mail sent was text only. See the spaces between lines removed.

test
test
test
test
* 1 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen \Recent)

On 27-04-2013 PM 07:16, Steven Carr wrote:
How do you know the conversion is removing spaces/lines? Have you looked at the text version of the email to compare? If there is no text version of the email then how were multiple lines/spaces encoded in the HTML version of the email?

OTRS converts all incoming emails to plain text and stores a copy of this in the database, IIRC this is what is used for full text searching.

Auto-reply notification emails to customers will have text converted as the agent emails do. Replies sent to the customer from the agent GUI will be sent as entered (e.g. if you have richtext enabled then will be sent as HTML, otherwise as plain text).