We have an HR Management System that is sending multiple message notifications
to one of our OTRS queues. Each message is arriving as new ticket. The subject
of each message is in a static format.

Subject: Lastname, Firstname MI (#######) - Some workflow status message

We would like to somehow have any new ticket from the HRMS e-mail to that queue
check to see if there is already an open ticket where the first portion of the
subject matches "Lastname, Firstname MI (#######) -" and merge those tickets
together.  Is there someway to do this? I tried configuring a generic agent
job, but couldn't figure out how to manage a comparison to existing tickets (or
the first in a series of e-mails arriving.)

James Roman
Network Manager
Terranet, Inc. on contract to SSAI

For IT support: