> I would think long an deep before implementing it, though. It opens up a can
> of worms. If it works, which depends on the receiving side, OTRS will receive
> an answer to your agent's mail. As OTRS does not have much of a chance to
> know it's just the "has been received" notification (they look too different
> with different mail clients and different native language settings), the agent
> will be informed of a client's answer. Usually you only want such notification
> for human-sent replies. Those computer-sent replies will either result in your
> agents spending a lot of time coming back to tickets just because such
> recieved notifications came in, or it will result in your agents ignoring
> OTRS's
> notifications about a customer's reply, expecting it to be yet another
> received notification.

Yes, exactly my point. Anything that relies on the receiving system to
interpret and respond to such a  request is pretty much useless for the purpose
-- there's no reliable standard to indicate what such a response should look
like, and no leverage to force system updates to implement such a thing even if
it did exist. The extra noise in the tickets will just cause important messages
to get lost in the noise for no visible gain.