Out of the box, OTRS still has some rough edges for clustered configurations.
It still stores some configuration info for individual nodes in node-local
storage, which can be tricky to manage and still keep the cluster configuration
consistent. We did some mods to move all configuration information into the
database, but it was for an old version of otrs 3. I'm trying to bring those
mods up to date in my copious free time (not!), but it's going slowly.

> Has anyone had any experience with OTRS on top of a cluster with GFS2?

Use gluster or Ceph if you try this. Both are better behaved than raw GFS2. If
you have the Otrs configuration managed by something like puppet and do some
unnatural things with unionfs, you can make it work, but it's a bit fragile for
production use.

> Is my approach at least theoretically ok or am I doing something really wrong
> in your opinion?

See above.  Right now, you need patches or some very creative configuration
management to make this setup work.