Hi,

I have problems installing OTRS on a Server using a NON LOKAL mysql
installation.
For various reasons we decided to have a "centralized mysql Server".

But,
even IF I enable remote root access (which normaly is a nogo) the
web-installation breaks after Installation of the otrs database, as the otrs
user is not installed for remote access by the otrs scripts!! (The fact, that I
entered something different than
The installation stops, whining that the access is not permitted, and there is
no chance of healing (e.g.: local "grant ..." on the db by the user), instead
the installation stops. So you have to start at the beginning, wich means, you
have to drop the database.

Why isn't it possible to have something like a "try again" button, which opens
the possibility to heal certain installation-script bugs during installation. ??

Has anyone any suggestions or an Installation guide for a remote mysql-Server
installation for me?

Bye,
Holger

--