Those are actually one and the same if you think about it, but yes, you are
correct… To make matters worse, it’s not particularly deterministic which
routes are dropped.

However, I’ll make the argument that losing some random assortment of
destinations is almost always going to be better than losing your entire
ability to control your peering routers.

YMMV.

Owen