On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 07:38:56AM +0800, Yi Yang wrote:
> v1->v2
>   - Rework per kernel datapath review comments
>   - Add new NSH key ttl
>   - Add many helpers in nsh.h and replace much code
>     with these helpers
>   - nsh.h includes the lasted NSH spec
>   - bits of flags and mdtype have a change
>
> This patch seires reworks NSH netlink keys and actions
> per kernel datapath requirments. OVS_KEY_ATTR_NSH is
> changed as a nested key, encap_nsh and decap_nsh are
> renamed as push_nsh and pop_nsh. PUSH_NSH used nested
> OVS_KEY_ATTR_NSH keys to transfer NSH header data.
>
> It also adds new NSH key 'ttl' to follow the lasted
> IETF NSH draft:
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh/
>
> I have double confirmed from one of its authors, this
> is a final version which will be approved as IETF RFC,
> the NSH header format won't be change anymore.

I think it's very wise to make 2.8 compliant with the latest NSH draft.
It looks like that's patch 2.

It seems less valuable to me to rework the internals other than to gain
this compliance, since as far as I can tell the kernel-side details are
still under review and have not been applied to net-next.  I don't think
it's worth closely tracking the proposals there.

Would you mind sending a patch that just makes the NSH implementation
compliant with the latest Internet-Draft, without irrelevant changes?
That is more suitable for a stable branch.

Thanks,

Ben.