Somehow, I didn't receive Mark's original message here.  I think that
Leonid did a great job explaining things.  I want to add a couple more
things in response here:

Mark Michelson <mmich...@redhat.com> writes:
> Fourth and most importantly is some sort of support guarantee. It's a
> bit scary to be bequeathed with new code like this. Will you and Leonid
> continue doing active development of DDlog and ovn-northd-ddlog after
> this patch is merged?

We have motivation to continue doing so because OVN and DDlog are part
of an ongoing research project for which Leonid and Mihai and I are
co-PIs.  We have internal funding for this project (which includes
funding to hire developers) that reaches at least for the next 18
months.  DDlog itself is also in use inside VMware for various products.

The other factor is that this is primarily new code that has little
entanglement with existing code and which is not likely to become more
entangled.  That means that, should some kind of code rot happen, it's
pretty easy to delete the ddlog implementation.