I am not sure why "*_debian" is used.  The image should work across OS.  I
have not seen use of  "*_linux"  as most docker images use some form of
shell scripts.

Also, in my opinion, the docker image should not build OVS.  If it can add
appropriate OVS packages like
https://github.com/servicefractal/ovs/blob/master/Dockerfile is better as
they are already tested.   Building OVS as a part of this will cause more
testing impacts and is unnecessary.  The objective is to run OVS in a
container image.  I would keep it simple.