Hi,

I'm trying to understand if OVN supports SR-IOV. I found some OpentStack documentation:
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/charm-deployment-guide/wallaby/app-ovn.html#configuration
that suggests it might, but it is short on details, with specifics abstracted via the OpenStack CMS.

Also in the OVN Architecture documentation there are hints to support:

"For  instances  connected through  representor  ports, typically used with hardware   offload, the ovn-controller may on CMS direction  consult   a  VIF plug provider for   representor port lookup and plug   them into the integration bridge (please refer  to  Docu mentation/topics/vif-plug-providers/vif-plug-providers.rst for more information)."

But again short on details.

So I believe something like a CX-5/6/7 would have the capability to do this, but here would have to be some sort of OVN hook for the OVS flows created by OVN  to be "copied/moved" to the H/W so that encapsulation, NAT, distributed routing ACLs etc is done in the hardware. I can't find any details on this nor what would the control plane for programing the hardware be to do that, ovn-nbctl?, ovsdbapp? some other out of band control plane?. Also from what I gather from the OpenStack docs this seems experimental and limited to VXLAN encapsulation?

At present I use a libvirt OVN hook that hooks KVM/QEMU VMs into OVN br-int but these are using software VIFs. I'm trying to ascertain if can have these VM use SR-IOV, and still have them integrated
into the OVN logical networks.

Any pointers would welcome.

Thanks

Brendan