On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 5:34 AM Jake Yip via discuss
<ovs-discuss@openvswitch.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just following up this comment from Ilya in a separate thread from a
> discussion previously [1]
>
>  > I see that Ubuntu 22.10 is providing OVS 3.0 + OVN 22.09, which is
>  > a decent combination performance-wise.  But yeah, I'm not sure if
>  > these can be easily installed on 22.04 or earlier.
>
> Is there a list somewhere about OVS / OVN compatibility?

I do not know about any such document, but I know that there exists
provisions in OVN to detect the capabilities of the version of OVS it
is talking to [0].

> We are trying out what is the easiest way to get newest version of OVS /
> OVN running on Focal & Jammy.

The Open vSwitch and OVN packages are distributed as part of the
Ubuntu Cloud Archive, so you should be able to get newer versions for
Focal and Jammy from there.

0: https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/main/lib/features.c
1: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenStack/CloudArchive

--