On 27/3/2023 10:19 pm, Ilya Maximets wrote:
On 3/27/23 05:34, Jake Yip via discuss wrote:
Hi all,

Just following up this comment from Ilya in a separate thread from a discussion
previously [1]

I see that Ubuntu 22.10 is providing OVS 3.0 + OVN 22.09, which is
a decent combination performance-wise.  But yeah, I'm not sure if
these can be easily installed on 22.04 or earlier.

Is there a list somewhere about OVS / OVN compatibility?

Regarding runtime compatibility, any version of OVN should work with
any version of OVS starting with 2.13 (the point where OVN separated
from the OVS repo).  Some features may not be available if they require
newer version of OVS, e.g. ability to flush conntrack entries via
OpenFlow was introduced in OVS 3.1, but all the base functionality
should work just fine.

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.

We are trying out what is the easiest way to get newest version of OVS / OVN
running on Focal & Jammy.

Regards,
Jake

[1] https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2023-March/052302.html

Thanks Frode, Ilya,

Unfortunately Ubuntu Cloud Archive does not have OVS 3.1 for Focal. We've also look at the server backports [1], but they only go to OVS 3.0.3

We are trying to build our own packages. Good to hear that we may have some flexibility between OVN/OVS version as long as OVS > 2.13 (we are already running that). Hopefully we can get the recommended versions running.

Once again, thanks!

Regards,
Jake

[1] https://launchpad.net/~canonical-server/+archive/ubuntu/server-backports