Thanks Jan, echo -n works perfectly.  I'm still trying to get up to speed in linux capabilities since OWFS is my first actual adventure in it.

-Scott

Jan Kandziora wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2006 01:12 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Should I be doing this differently (instead of echoing it)

How about using the "printf" shell builtin or, if you don't have bash at hand,
how about using "echo -n"?

Kind regards

	Jan