Am Samstag, 16. Dezember 2006 02:11 schrieb Paul Alfille:
> On 12/15/06, Jan Kandziora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Before I'll rumble through that, I'd like to add another node to the
> > DS2409 chip: "clearevent" just issues a 0x66 "disconnect all lines"
> > control command and clears the DS2409s event flags. I know "discharge"
> > does this, too, but I don't like the 100ms time needed there.
>
> Sounds great, though the datasheet calls it "All Lines Off". Why choose
> "clearevent" as the name?

Because it's effect to the user is to clear the event flags and alarm. The
"all lines off" part of the 0x66 control command is ineffective in owfs as
the next select may turn the lines off/on at its will.

> > I'll plan to use this "clearevent" node with my DS2409 driven locks. The
> > event is triggered on connection of an iButton to the lock. Then one does
> > only have to scan the "alarm" directory of the backbone to check for new
> > keys.
>
> There are some subtilties with deeper branching. OWFS kee[s trak of the
> last selected path to reduce redundant path selection (you have to turn off
> all sister DS2409s at each level). I'll add a flag that marks the stored
> path as untrustworthy.

Ok. That marking has to be done in the "discharge" node, too.

> > May I check in the change directly or should I send a patch?
>
> Please change directly.

Ok.

Kind regards

        Jan
--
Vor Onboard-Grafik sollte man mit Aufklebern wie auf Zigarettenschachteln
warnen...