Hi All,

I'm new with OWFS and Python as well, and working on a project to read some
temperature sensors. I found OWPython module very handy, and easy to use -
although now I hit a problem, and Google did not provide an answer for me...

I use a DS2450 AD converter to read an RTD sensor using the appropriate
amplifier circuit. I just realised that 16bit resolution is not true on
DS2450 (as it is written on its datasheet as well), and values I read out
with 16 bit is very noisy - simply unusable for me (volt_A, etc). I would
like to read out the 8bit values instead, which seems much more stable and
precise - but have no luck doing it from python.

entryList function gives me back this list of entries for DS2450:

['8bit', 'CO2', 'PIO.ALL', 'PIO.A', 'PIO.B', 'PIO.C', 'PIO.D', 'address',
'alarm', 'alias', 'crc8', 'family', 'id', 'locator', 'memory', 'pages',
'power', 'r_address', 'r_id', 'r_locator', 'set_alarm', 'type', 'volt.ALL',
'volt.A', 'volt.B', 'volt.C', 'volt.D', 'volt2.ALL', 'volt2.A', 'volt2.B',
'volt2.C', 'volt2.D']

In owfs, the values are under 8bit/volt.A file - but how can I access it
using OWPython? seems Python does not accept names starting with numbers,
so I cannot use anything like

value = s.8bit.volt_A

I'm sure I'm not the only one hitting this, but could not find it
documented. Can anyone please help?

Thank you very much!