Am 14.07.2013 13:10, schrieb Jan Kandziora:

> I see currently owfs is unable to update the scrachpad RAM only, as it
> would be neccessary to implement such a scheme. Paul, what do you think
> about having a node which does the "Write Scratchpad" command, but
> leaves out the "Copy scratchpad" command?

Hmm, after a little more investigation, it *is* possible to check the
POR condition with the current owfs

* don't do 12-Bit conversions. This is the default in EEPROM, so it acts
as our POR flag.

a) do a 9, 10 or 11 bit conversion.
b) check the value returned
c) !=85 -> valid reading, return temperature
   otherwise check further:
d) read scratchpad
c) byte 4 != 0x7f -> no POR -> valid reading, return temperature
   otherwise
e) Power-On-Condition, need to repeat conversion.

If you really *need* to do 12-Bit conversions, you'll have to change the
default configuration register value in the EEPROM. There is currently
no way to do this with owfs, bus we could change that.

Kind regards

        Jan