I have a couple of serial devices 38400 baud send it a character "r" and it
responds with a value all pretty simple.  I currently use a raspberrypi and
multiplex its serial port to connect to 2 of these devices, which is working
well    Now I want to simplify the GPIO connections into the Pi so I was
just thinking it would be cool if I could use OWFS for all data gathering.
I have the 1wire adapter board for the PI wich is very neat currently
talking to temperature and counters

I do have a couple of BAE910's however looking at the brain4home web site
development may of stopped for a while.  I understand the idea was to
supports serial device connection.  The assembly language for a serial
connection is beyond my knowledge nor do I know if the instructions are in
place.

So I suppose I'm back to looking at an arduino library that allows me to
transfer a couple of values into owfs.

Any idea's on the easiest way I can do this.

The devices I am using are the atlas scientific ph and orp probes.  These
have a very simple serial connection.