On 02/11/2014 02:58 PM, Colin Reese wrote:

 > I have very little Arduino experience, but I was under the impression
 > that the serial console over the FTDI was typically just used for debug.

What's the difference between sending a debug message to the PC or RPi
through the serial port/USB connection and sending a temperature value
received from a remote wireless sensor? It's all about how the data is
interpreted on the PC side, right? ;-)

The Arduino/Moteino/uC will also be able to read data sent to it by the
RPi through the USB connection.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-