Am 23.11.2014 um 09:13 schrieb Jerry Scharf:

> I am using a flash only system to be the master of my system for testing
> 300 power supplies. I want to use a MVC database/web design. In a normal
> disk based system, I wouldn't give the fact that the state of the each
> power supplies and microcontroller card is being updated several times a
> second, a disk would easily keep up and the wear problem is measured in
> years of continuous read/write.

If you don't mount the log filesystem with "sync", write operations are
delayed until a block is filled or a certain timeout (minutes, depending
on the filesystem) is reached.

This saves the flash a big time and makes your system more responsible
at the same time - had mounted flash in a similar setup with sync
before, it really matters! The only disadvantage is that you may lose
some logs when the device is switched off hard.

(Filesystem damage seems to be likely in *both* sync/no-sync cases, so
don't worry about that.)

Kind regards

        Jan