Roberto,

The problem comes from wanting to use a classic MVC web system. In these systems, the assumption is that the database is the true state and that the web draws whatever is in the database. Since I am scanning each of the power supplies several times a second, this means that the database journal(log) file is constantly getting update transactions (different than the filesystem journal file.)

After a night of thinking about it, I think I can cut the writes down by a couple orders of magnitude. With that I think I can make it by.

jerry