Indeed, one is read only and one is write only. The reasoning behind two separate nodes is that the actual commands to the Link is either "Set high", "Set low", or "Put in Hi-Z mode and read". That is, reading means any previous output will be invalidated as it will no longer "supply" a high/low level.

How about auxctrl and auxsense, to avoid mixup with other "power" entries (which indicates powered or parasite)?