Hi,
>How long is your bus?
This bus has a lenght from a round 13 meters.
>How long are stubs?
Normally around 20 cm from the main line. I already changed this into a standard bus.
>Which kind of chips do you have on the bus?

DS2480

+ ------- DS2408   (3 m from the Master)
+
------- DS2408   (5 m from the Master)
+ ------- DS2413  (5,5 m from the Master)
+------- DS18S20  <--- Problems with this   ( 7 m from the Master)
+-------DS2438     <--- Problems with this   ( 7 m from the Master)
+------- DS18S20  <--- Problems with this  ( I add these for test)  ( 7 m from the Master)
+-------DS2438     <--- Problems with this  ( I add these for test)  ( 7 m from the Master)
+------- DS18S20 ( 11 m from the Master)
+-------DS2438    ( 11 m from the Master)
+------- DS18B20  ( 13 m from the Master)
+-------DS2438   ( 13 m from the Master)

I could see, that the VAD/VDD is dropped on the DS2438 in case of problems.
DS18B20  and the DS2438   are on one place to measure temperature and humitity.

>Parasite-powered?
No, Measure voltage is 5.16V - > 5.17V (delta from around 20mV, seen by oscillope)
I checked this in the middle and at the end of the bus line. I am using 2x2x0.8mm Cu line (EIB/KNX Bus cabel).

> Any loose connectors inbetween?
I do not have any problems with the last on in this bus.

Any undesired ground to earth connections?
I already replace the complete bus connector. Could not measure any failure in the line up to now.
See this link (http://www.fhemwiki.de/wiki/1-Wire_Busverlegung#Topologie). I am using such connectors boxes
and the topologie I am using is linear.

I get wrong values from the sensor.

>This is used always. If you have the impression you bus is suffering
>from too much capacitance, you have to check with an oscillope on the
>far end.
I check the rise time of a signal with the scope and it looks good so far I can see.

Is there a possiblity to switch on a debug function to see the

Thanks for any help.
Best regards
Ritchie

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 01. April 2015 um 21:40 Uhr
Von: "Jan Kandziora" <j...@gmx.de>
An: "OWFS (One-wire file system) discussion and help" <owfs-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Betreff: Re: [Owfs-developers] Strong Pull Function for DS2480 of the owserver activate
Am 01.04.2015 um 19:52 schrieb Ritchie:
> Hi to all,
>
> I am fighting with my 1-wire installation, where I have one bus of five,
> who drives me crazy. I still get a lot of failure in the statistic.
> I checked already cabling, bus structure.

How long is your bus? How long are stubs? Which kind of chips do you
have on the bus? Parasite-powered? Any loose connectors inbetween? Any
undesired ground to earth connections?

> I would like to use the function "strong pull" up of my DS2480
> Buscontroller (USB)
>
> Does the owserver support this function ?

This is used always. If you have the impression you bus is suffering
from too much capacitance, you have to check with an oscillope on the
far end.

Kind regards

Jan