Hi Lyle,

It looks like you either haven't installed the development package for
libusb (libusb-dev, I think it is called on SLES) at all, or you require
a compatibility library.

The latter was necessary for some time to build applications, because
libusb hasn't been maintained for several years and a development team
fed up with some bugs in the library forked the source. Naturally, the
"new" and the "old" libusb weren't fully compatible, hence the
requirement for a libusb-compat.

AFAIR, OWFS underwent some changes between the versions 2.8 and 3.0
regarding the USB support and as of at least version 3.x requires the
"new" libusb as well as the libusb-compat. Being a RHEL boy, I can't
tell you which libusb currently is in the SLES repositories, but I'd bet
it's the new one.

HIH,

Tiger