Am 29.12.2015 um 16:39 schrieb Ursin Soler:

> By this year (initial release 7/15) Maxim released the DS28E17 [1]
> which is in my oppinion a game changer.

I like to add, the DS28E17 is only available in a very tiny 16TQFN-EP
package, which is very hard to solder by hand (0.5mm pitch, no leads) so
I doubt anyone of us hobbyists is going to use that chip unless someone
sells it on a pinned 2.54mm pitch adapter board.

For me, I'd rather use Pascal Berten's BAE0911, which has I²C bridging
functionality, and implement the neccesary logic with the chip's
automation engine. Or do the same with Matthias' MOAT, I could use an
arbitrary Atmel AVR chip then.

Kind regards

        Jan