On 25/03/16 16:04, Stefano Miccoli wrote:
Reviewing tha last commits I read a comment on the clean target in Makefile.am

commit ce7d5e6ed7e4a033b5e59c681e0dcd7382ba6727
Author: Johan Str<C3><B6>m <jo...@stromnet.se <mailto:jo...@stromnet.se>>
Date:   Thu Mar 24 15:39:38 2016 +0100

    clean target: do not try to remove my home dir please (*~)

rm -f wont delete my directory, but should probalby not be there anyway..

According to the GNU Coding Standards, http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Standard-Targets.html#Standard-Targets
'make clean’ should remove only file created by 'make all’. All those

@RM@ -f *.o *.tmp *.cpp .**~* stamp-* lint_cmac.h

remove backup files created by the editor, or files created by programs not under make control. See also the automake heuristics
https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Clean.html
https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Standard-Targets.html

IMHO it is time to start uncluttering configure.ac and Makefile.am from unnecessary local additions (which may have become obsolete in the meantime, or even dangerous.) The same holds true for .gitignore: here we should list only build related files. (Local generated files not linked to the build system, like editor backups, should go in .git/info/exclude )

I agree, should only touch what it created.

Regarding .git/info/exclude, nice, did not know about that, thanks!