I just pulled off the hex and noted short VDD and also ground short
faults. These also showed up in owfs. I'm waiting on a scratchpad dump
from onewireviewer, but how is this even possible? The device is both
prebuilt commercially and also reads fine into a DS9490R. Is the data
being read incorrectly into owfs?

Thanks,
Colin