On 09/08/16 07:38, Andy Carter wrote:
> On Monday 08 Aug 2016 22:45:15 Johan Ström wrote:
>> Apparently libusb_strerror was added in libusb v1.0.16. Seems raspbian
>> only has libusb1.0-0.
> debian stable/jessie too
>
>> Try to uninstall libusb-devel, and install libusb2-devel instead. owfs
>> should be compatible with that as well.
> and no libusb2-anything.
>
> Raspbian may be different of course
My bad, confused myself a bit.. There seem to be a libusb2-dev package
on wheezy (https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/libusb2-dev) but I'm not
sure what that actually is... I cannot really find any references to
libusb2 anywhere on the net.. except that Debian page..

It is libftdi which we support both versions (1.0 and 0.x), not libusb.

Anyway, I guess we can dumb down the error output: if libusb_strerror
does not exist due to old libusb version, we could just print simpler
errors (although not as helpful during device probing).