Am 05.11.2016 um 09:30 schrieb Enrico Hoepfner:

> Could it have do something with this hint in the kernel-driver from 1w-gpio
>
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/w1/w1.generic
> =========
>
> It is possible that between 1. and 2. w1 master thread will reset bus
> for searching
> and slave device will be even removed, but in this case 0xff will
> be read, since no device was selected.
>
> =========
>
> I've seen in the debuglevel-log from owfs-server that this is searching
> on each bus-master when I access with /<ADDRESS>/<VALUE>.

Uh, this explains it pretty much. A race condition.

You could also check whether disabling the w1 search algorithm solves it
for you, too:

# echo 0 >/sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_search

owfs doesn't need that searching, it explicitly advises w1 to search the
bus when /uncached is listed or after 60s when / is listed. But in owfs
you can also address any chip without having it listed previously. That
w1 search function is purely for populating the sysfs' w1 devices directory.

Kind regards

        Jan