On 30.10.2012 17:38, MJ Ray wrote:
Daniel Molkentin <dan...@owncloud.com>
On 29.10.2012, at 20:05, MJ Ray wrote:
Firstly, they don't follow debian-policy and contain other things which
are arguably bugs.  The fixes are available linked from
http://packages.qa.debian.org/owncloud
at
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-owncloud/owncloud.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches;hb=HEAD

This does not prevent us to fix them in OBS, does it?

Nope!  It would be great to see them fixed in owncloud source, indeed.
Yes, cool - send patches!!

One other thing: there's an incorrect dependency on php5-iconv which
doesn't exist, reported in http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?p=10982
Ok. Which package provides php iconv than as ownCloud needs it for some apps?

This information about wrong deps is very much appreciated!

Would it be possible to remove php5-iconv from debian/control and build a
4.5.1-2 packaging update?
Did that, yes.

(I tried but I didn't spot debian/control in the repository at github,
it's not in the control file at pkg-owncloud/owncloud.git and I don't
understand where it might be from
From OBS:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=owncloud&project=isv%3AownCloud%3Adevel

Klaas