Hi Kris,

Thank you for your reply.

I fully agree with the requirements you describe.

In FrameMaker I was used to work in WYSIWYG view with no tags displayed. The Structure View and the formatting styles in the Editor window gave me enough information about the DITA tags and structure. I used the Elements window to insert or wrap elements and edited Attributes using the Structure View or a DITA-FMx dialog.

When I now view my DITA topics in oXygen I would like to see them in a similar way just because otherwise I wouldn't be sure if it is really the same document. Sounds strange perhaps, but it is indeed extremely confusing to me to see something that seems to be different. Perhaps after some time, when I am conversant with oXygen, I may have more confidence in other views...

So in oXygen I prefer the "No tags" view. With this there are still lots of icons (for opening link targets, expand/collapse sections...) and additional text ("Short description", "Result", ...) which I would prefer to hide. Most of this can be done using the "Print-ready" style and lots of CSS code which I take from the CSS Inspector window and adapt.

However, this means that I would have to rely on the Outline view, the Attributes window and the breadcrumbs to see the structure. These tools do not give me the same information, convenience and capabilities that I am used in FrameMaker. I therefore thought it could be a workaround to quickly toggle my preferred view ("Print ready") and "Full tags" (or "Full tags with attributs") using a keyboard shortcut. However, there are no shortcuts for styles.

But I discovered that you can define keyboard shortcuts for "No tags", "Full tags", etc. And Radu gave me CSS code that creates a button in every topic that toggles between "No tags" and the last tags view chosen for the topic. I was able to get rid of some texts like "Short description" (which I indicate using a color) and the like using some more CSS code. The extra icons are still there, but they do not take up much room so I can live with them (and they are usful).

Best regards,

Frank