Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your input and the userful links. I am climbing up the learnign curve...

Regards,

Frank

Am 04.01.2023 um 06:33 schrieb Stefan Jung:

Hi Frank,

Maybe you should not try to make Oxygen so FrameMaker-ish. I'm in a similar transition phase and my "unstructured" FrameMaker writers get used to the Oxygen way if working very fast.

I'd recommend using the keyboard more and the mouse less. You can navigate with your arrow keys, also between elements. You can press Enter, to insert an element. You do not need to move, for example, after a step element to insert a new one. This is not necessary. Oxygen is smart enough to determine where you probably want to insert the element and Oxygen will not allow you to create invalid XML structures in Author mode. Use ALT+Enter to edit attributes.

You don't need to place your caret between elements in outline view, because it allows you to add elements after and element (here you still think in FrameMaker UI).

Please read https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/24.1/ug-editor/topics/text-navigate-document-content.html and https://blog.oxygenxml.com/topics/general_tips_and_tricks.html and https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/24.1/ug-editor/topics/common-shortcut-keys.html

BR
Stefan

Gesendet mit OX Mail

Frank Dissinger <frank.dissin...@cgs-oris.com <http://frank.dissin...@cgs-oris.com>> hat am January 4, 2023 um 5:45 AM geschrieben:

    Hi all,

    This is my first posting to this list.

    I am in the process of switching from FrameMaker V11 + DITA-FMx to
    oXygen V25 as my DITA editing tool. I have been using oXyen for
    quite a while as a transformation engine, but not as an editor. So
    in this respect I am still at the bottom of the learning curve.

    I'd like to set up the Author mode in a way which comes close to
    what I was used in FrameMaker. I mainly worked in WYSIWYG view and
    with the Structure View, Elements and Attributes windows.

    I have spent some effort on making oXygen's "Print-ready" view for
    the Editor window (in Author mode) look as WYSIWYG-ish as
    possible, with custom CSS styles that give me visual clues to the
    underlying XML structure. I then thought that I could use oXygen's
    Outline view in a similar way as FM's Structure View, but I feel
    quite lost in this window.

      * It does not allow me to position the cursor between the elements
      * It shows only a single attribute, not all attributes that are set
      * It shows only the attribute value, not the name
      * ...

    I therefore find it hard to see the XML structure in the Outline
    view and to place the cursor precisely when I want to insert new
    elements.

    So I thought maybe I could perhaps quickly toggle the
    "Print-ready" style on and off to see the tags and better find the
    correct cursor position. Can I create a keyboard shortcut for
    doing this?

    Thank you.

    Regards,

    Frank

--

*Frank Dissinger*

Documentation Manager

*CGS Publishing Technologies International GmbH*

*Email *frank.dissin...@cgs-oris.com | *Web* www.cgs-oris.com <http://www.cgs-oris.com/>

*Address* Kettelerstr. 24 | D-63512 Hainburg | Germany

*Phone* +49 6182 9626-27 | *Fax* +49 6182 9626-99

*Commercial register* Offenbach, HRB no. 21495

*Managing directors* Bernd Rückert, Christoph Thommessen