Adrian Halid

From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of mike smith
Sent: Thursday, 4 March 2010 11:24 AM
To: ozDotNet

On 4 March 2010 14:00, Adrian Halid
<adrian.ha...@itvision.com.au<mailto:adrian.ha...@itvision.com.au>> wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking for some free forum software.

I have used PHPBB before and found it easy to setup and great for plugins or
modifications.

But I need to find some software to host on Windows IIS with a MS SQL backend.

I'm going to ask why?  If PHPBB demonstrably does what you want, why care about
the backend?

I have setup YAF.NET<http://YAF.NET> (Yet Another Forum) as that seems the most
popular on search results but have not found it as complete or crisp as PHPBB.

There seems to be a lot more configuration options for PHPBB and feels more
natural to use and what I am used to.

Does anybody have any recommendations for free .net Forum software that is also
easy to modify and create plugins?

I am also looking at mailing list software. The obvious choice is Mailman but
once again I am looking for something to be hosted on Windows Server.

It would be nice if I could find some software that did both mailing list and
forum and were integrated but from reading previous posts I don’t think the
people at ozdotnet could find any.

Thanks

Regards

Adrian Halid

--
Meski

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure, you'll
get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills