The schema management tools are available in Premium and Ultimate but not
Professional. Having used the 2008 tools on a previous project I can
honestly say that its great until you need to worry about existing data (ie
Until you've deployed into production once). After that it starts to get a
little hairy as there are things the tool simply can't help you to do
(complex migrations being one of them). Then the issue becomes how to
integrate your custom scripts into the tool. If you are frequently deploying
new versions this is ok but I've been in a situation where I needed the tool
to do half of its job so I could apply my custom script and then I get it to
run the other half. There's no easy way to do that so you end up going
around the tool and making the custom scripts more complex. At that point
your tool set is getting in the way and you should ditch it. I would like to
work with a tool like http://github.com/schambers/fluentmigrator/ which
would hide the SQL in a saner way.

--
Michael M. Minutillo