As soon as I read 'compatibility number' in your email I remembered we
discussed this internally long ago.

Just recently I was thinking of tracking the required version for each app
that connects to the database but after thinking about it I don't think
we'll need that level of granularity.  A single compatibility number kind of
forces us to keep all the apps in line, and I think there's some benefit to
that as it would help to avoid scenarios where we have a mix of several
different app versions trying to work together.

Thanks!