I have a "Version" table that has a single column, single row with a
version number in the form A.B.C.D.  I started doing this to follow
the same version standard as my apps.  So the number would be:

A - Breaking change
B - Non breaking change (eg additional table, additional column with default)
C - No interface change (eg an index)
D - only included to have the same format

In practice though, pretty much every change I've ever had to make has
been a breaking change so a single number would have been just as
good.  I still use the format though, just for the sake of being
standardised.

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama