It can parse the output. Put it in the same format as what the compiler splits
out. It won't parse Exception stacks though.

From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Wallace Turner
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 5:16 AM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: Visual Studio output window

Can the Output window in Visual Studio (any version) parse the output to
provide quick links to the erroneous class(es) ?

Eclipse has had this feature since forever; see screenshot below. I have only
included this to explain what I mean (please no Eclipse vs VS fight!)

Resharper has a feature called 'Stack Trace Explorer' however it is a bit
clunky as you need to highlight the bit you want and then open the STE window.

Eclipse:

<<inline: image001.png>>