"Unable to connect to the Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor
names 'x'. The Visual Studio Remote Debugger on the target computer cannot
connect back to this computer. Authentication failed. Please see Help for
assistance."

Hi Michael, my condolences. I spent many solid hours of suffering one
afternoon last year trying every trick I could think of to get around this
exact problem ... I failed.

I gave up with remote debugging and used windbg on the server machine to
attach to the troublesome process and I eventually found the problem
(missing resource files).

Sorry I can't offer any more than sympathy.