Have you tried logging on with credentials from the remote computer?
ie, create a local "testuser" account on the remote server and log on
with "remoteserver\testuser".

Is the trace option turned off in the app.config?
David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama