Just a heads-up ... I found that many of my aspx pages would not open in the
VS2010 designer due to all child controls appearing as red blocks with
"object reference not set" null errors. It seems that VS2010 is calling the
Init method when in the designer, this might be a bug, but it seems to be
revealed by my old original code that was generated back in VS2005 (or maybe
even VS2003!). Back then it would generate a #region with override OnInit
and add the button click handlers. I debug attached a second VS2010 and it
showed that the button control reference was null in this OnInit override. I
had to move all of the +=Click add handler lines into the Page_Load method
and it all comes good.