From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of David Connors
Sent: Wednesday, 1 September 2010 1:47 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: [OT] SQL injection attack vectors

On 1 September 2010 13:38, Sam Lai <samuel....@gmail.com> wrote:

Out of curiosity (it isn't Friday yet, but close enough) - does
parameterized SQL render all SQL injection attack techniques useless?

Yes, with the single (AFAIK) exception of particularly special people who take
the input on the stored procedure side, assemble it into dynamic SQL, and then
EXECUTE @Statement it in T-SQL.

If so, why do we still hear of successful SQL injection attacks,
particularly in relatively newly written apps?

People do not think about quality or maintenance.

A lack of education/knowledge, ignorance, the curse of PHP developers...

I would not single out PHP developers for this.

--
David Connors |  <mailto:da...@codify.com> da...@codify.com |
<http://www.codify.com> www.codify.com