Hi David,

I agree with you that Access has a place, but it's place is far
removed from anything that could be respectably called an Application.
For single users it is an indespensible data massaging tool (simialr
to usng Excel for data presentation), but within an organisation it
should in no way be used as a central business application.

Assuming that Report Builder that is available for free from MS for
Sql Epress is not enough and the users still want to use access for
their meddling with data, a one way export to Access will do the
trick.

Allowing people to directly play with data nullifies any attempt of
forcing business rules in a system.

Regards

Arjang