Hi folks

I have a NETMF project I am trying to work on - but the code from  C#
Framework 4.1 should work. My target is an SD card and I do not have any
database capabilities like SQL..

In the old VB6 days you could create random files, and by defining the
record length you could easily move from one record to the next.

But I am at loss to find a similar type of functionality in C#.  I can
understand that to do this I will need to create a class, and serialise that
class before storing the object on the disk.. But moving to a particular
record has gotten me stuck.

The only way I can see at the moment is to use  the RecordLength * RecordNum
and then SEEK to that byte location on the disk file.

My memory space is also small so I cannot load the file into memory and move
through it as a collection.

Any suggestions/advice.

Many thanks

Dave

cid:image002.jpg@01CAF8CB.4090A030

cid:image003.jpg@01CAF8CB.4090A030

David Boccabella  IT Manager

Shamir Australia Pty Ltd.   | 1/23 Luke St. Lytton, QLD, 4178
P.O. Box 3346, Tingalpa  DC  4173

P: 1300-553-465 | M: 0433-808-525 | F: 1300-554-075

 <http://www.shamir.co.il/> www.shamirlens.com.au

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>