I would very much appreciate a copy of your demo if you can locate it.
Thanks for the offer.

I was going to write up a limited dummy dll for proof of concept.
If that did not work, try COM.

I have a text "Delphi COM Programming" by Eric Harmon buts its pretty ancient (but then so is the Delphi code I am looking at)

I have not had much exposure to COM. My only endeavour has been to write one using C# for use by Access VBA. That was a very simple hash function for passwords. It worked ok but I don't think they have ever used it.