Thanks for the suggestion.

I think a dll would be less effort but this could be another option.

Use to have an Experts Exchange account. I needed this to solve a particular problem, once I had the solution I did not have much further use for it and it lapsed.

I think it has a free trial period. I will consider this if the other directions I have become dead ends.