On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Stephen Price
<step...@littlevoices.com> wrote:
> I got an Apple Mac Book Pro 6 months ago and haven't had a chance to
> use it as a work machine yet. (due to change of contracts, using their
> hardware). Looks like another change coming up so I'm undecided if I
> use my MBP (currently running 128Gb ssd, Win7 running in vmware fusion
> as I'd like to be more familiar with Mac OS for some weird geeky
> reason), or get new work to get me a Dell of some sort. Could even go
> with a desktop machine.
> Decisions, decisions!
>
> I was disappointed when I realised the MBP i7 was not quad core
> hyper-threaded. (its dual core hyper-threaded), and running two OS's
> on it makes space a bit tight. Plus the whole missing delete key takes
> some adjusting.

BTDT with a desktop machine.  Finally went for a MS natural KB and
Razer mouse plugged into it.  Welcome back Delete key!

Once you get used to the UI (menu bar being shared, and windows
close/minimise buttons being in the top left corner), it's smooth.

> Love my Alienware m17X (replacement for m1730). Only downside is cpu
> could have more grunt (i didn't get to choose it) and its just a bit
> heavy for daily carting around. Awesome screen though, and the build
> is more like an aircraft than a laptop. Dual hard drive bays are
> great.

Sigh, which reminds me I need to get my 1730 repaired.

--
Meski

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure,
you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills