From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Mark Hurd
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 6:09 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: Fwd: Red Gate will be charging $35 for .NET Reflector

No, as I said I had to update two private fields. Do you expect the time zone
stuff in .NET 2.0(3.5) to be updated in any service packs?

In any case it is better than any of the public API solutions I could find that
require you to use either UTC or your computer's local time zone. I know
DateTimeOffset can be used for other time zones but the XmlSerialization of
those is too much work.

IF a service pack breaks the two private fields I'm updating we'll review the
situation.

Of course you could be asking for legal (licensing) reasons and that's a whole
'nother story, cause I believe we're not allowed to reflect the framework, as
that would be a form of reverse engineering which is expressly disallowed. I
believe the out here is local laws allow it when using it to work in with
existing systems, like some client's request to work with their time zone.

On 3 February 2011 11:48, David Kean <david.k...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm hoping that you did that by calling only public API and not taking a
> dependency on anything private...

(BTW I don't like mixing top and bottom posting, but I don't have time to fix
David's post within mine at the moment.)

Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.)(Hons.)