On 4 March 2011 16:59, Samuel Lai <samuel....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some hope that HTTPS will do to HTTP what SSH did to telnet. Digital
> certificate infrastructure is still a bit of a mess though.

Not really. The main problem is people running online businesses/social
media sites etc who think that $100 for a cert is a lot of money.

Eg Facebook was just valued at $75bln. I think they can afford a few certs
and a crypto accelerator on their load balancers - they don't do it because
they're frickin retards. There is no other excuse.

If you're going overseas and want secure access to stuff, get a VPS located
at a place you trust and do it over RDP over SSL or VPN back into a trusted
network and use that VPN connection as your default gateway.

--
*David Connors* | da...@codify.com | www.codify.com
Software Engineer