Sounds like a justification for spending less money on work machines. I’m
>> failing to see why this is a good thing.
>>

> I'm with you. This is batshit crazy. Plus who the hell is going to bring
> their machine from home and join it to a domain or run VS.NET through
> citrix all day.
>
>  Pass.
>
> Work buying you an awesome machine and allowing you to take it home for
> some personal use is a benefit - but buggered if I'd be interested in the
> other way around.

It sounds like cost saving to me. But in many enterprises I have worked at
the developers get the same crappy SEO machine the receptionist or accounts
do, some 3 year old P4 or similar. This is often woefully inadequate to do
the job, I would gladly bring my own in.

Craig