From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Richard Carde
Sent: Tuesday, 12 April 2011 2:46 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: adding ssl to asp.net website

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Anthony
<asale...@tpg.com.au<mailto:asale...@tpg.com.au>> wrote:
Thanks David...i have installed ssl cert etc....most ecommerce system only use
ssl for login and checkout..so was looking for technique to do this...
 I don't understand the rationale for falling back to non-https mode.  IMO,
it's bad practice and increases risk to the user - see OWASP Top Ten
2010<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Top_Ten_Project> risks A3,
A6 and A9.

*         Usually requires dedicated IPv4 address - of which we have a shortage

*         Has resource overhead in setting up and maintaining a connection -
there are solutions to this, but they all cost money

Cheers
Ken