Greg Keogh wrote:

Folks, my MSDN Pro level subscription will expire in a few weeks I was considering upgrading from the Pro to the Premium level so I can get the Expression and Office suites. I went to Harris Technology where I bought my last subscription two years ago for about $1500, and that price has barely changed. I saw on the same web page that the Premium is $3981. After discussing that price with the misses she determined that it was financially acceptable for a two year subscription and how much value we’d get from it.

THEN ... I notice that the $3981 price is for a Premium _renewal_. It looks like the full price is $9468.

Renewal @ Amazon US$2103.31

http://www.amazon.com/Visual-Studio-2010-Premium-Renewal/dp/B0038KVCYW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1304918950&sr=8-6

Visual Studio 2010 Premium with MSDN US$4,842.99

http://www.amazon.com/Visual-Studio-2010-Premium-MSDN/dp/B0038KRM6Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1304918950&sr=8-4

I am sure there are cheaper options than Amazon, but long story short, Australian pricing is a joke, how can a $5k difference be justified!?

Anyway, shop around, and as Stephen said, if microway will price match, that seems like a good option.

Good luck :)
--
Les Hughes
l...@datarev.com.au